Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Surprise 60th Birthday Party

November 30, 2014

The last day of my birthday month... and what a month it's been! My 60th birthday, which actually fell on the 18th, is one that will go down in the history books. Friends near and far phoned or e-mailed with best wishes, and I was happy and surprised to reconnect with some who I couldn't believe even knew my birthday. Many cards arrived. My husband, who knows me so well....
chose this one.

And Flowers arrived, too...



My greatest surprise had been in the planning stages for many months. My daughters and my husband organized a party which was a total surprise until I walked through the door! How did they keep it so hush-hush?! My deepest thanks to them for all they did to celebrate my 60th birthday.
Cecely, Mariah, Me, Lindsay



                    
Ted, Me, and my sister, Elizabeth. 
Very funny, Sis...

What's a party without balloons?


This is my grandson, Emrys, 2 1/2.


...or CAKE!

             

My oldest daughter, Cecely, organized a memory book of photos for me.
Oh, the memories! That's me at age 6 with my cat, Henry. I was a cat-person even then.


Family and Friends... You're the best!

My dear friends- Jane, Jane & Evelyn
Chelsea, my step-granddaughter
I think there were 30 to 40 people...
My dad and brother, Jon
My sister, Elizabeth and her wife, Bonnnie
Greg and Suzanne Dirmaier, and me
Middle daughter, Lindsay with her boyfriend, Matt
Youngest daughter, Mariah with family friend, Hutch
My step-daughter and I chat (and eat!) Great Food thanks to the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Montpelier.
 Sue and Art Stukey, Ted's sister and brother-in-law
Ted and Suzanne
Family friends- Terry, Sage, and their daughter Lily




No comments:

Post a Comment